Thanks to her years of service in the healthcare field, Sally is keenly aware of the long-term care regulations. If you need assistance with staff development, Sally can work with you on any of the following compliance concerns.
Nursing Home Regulatory and Survey Compliance
South Dakota ARTICLE 44:73 NURSING FACILITIES
(1) Fire prevention and response. The facility shall conduct fire drills quarterly for each shift. If the facility is not operating with three shifts, monthly fire drills shall be conducted to provide training for all staff;
(2) Emergency procedures and preparedness;
(3) Infection control and prevention;
(4) Accident prevention and safety procedures;
(5) Proper use of restraints;
(6) Resident rights;
(7) Confidentiality of resident information;
(8) Incidents and diseases subject to mandatory reporting and the facility's reporting mechanisms;
(9) Care of residents with unique needs; and
(10) Dining assistance, nutritional risks, and hydration needs of residents.
Department of Labor-Human Resources
Staff Hiring and Training
Job Descriptions and Selection Criteria
Advertising for Position
Interviewing for Position
Staff Orientation Programs
Training Programs for Staff
HIPAA is the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996.